2020 Date TBA!
B. Love Family Festival
Where: Railyard Apothecary, 270 Battery St. – Burlington, VT 05401
When: October 5, 2019, 10am – 6pm
What: Kind-Hearted Fun for All Ages
B. Love Family Festival is Vermont’s homegrown arts and culture event focused on raising vibrant families, held in downtown Burlington just next to the waterfront. Join for a half-day or full day!
-Dr. Jus Crea Giammarino: Indigenous Midwifery (keynote presenter)
-Wildflowers Studio All Day Kid Space
-Family Yoga + Live Music with Jane Yoga, Kuf Knotz, and Christine Elise
-Free On Site Childcare by Birth Love Family
Thanks to our sponsors:
Gold – Bluebird Botanicals
Silver – Seven Days / Kids VT, Shawn Patrick Rice, Wildflowers Studio
Bronze – Healthy Living Market and Cafe, Mamava, Nutty Steph’s, Stone Leaf Tea, Railyard Apothecary, Hemmett Health, Urban Moonshine, REFreedom Realty Group
B. Love General Admission – Full Day
Art & Culture or Science & Medicine – Half Day
Kids 18 and under
Catered Organic / Local Lunch
Art & Culture AM Half-Day:
- 10am – 11:10am Family Yoga + Live Music with Jane Yoga, Kuf Knotz & Christine Elise
- 11:20am – 11:55am Mindful Parenting: Fostering Connection and Belonging with Maris Rose
- 12pm – 12:40pm #MomBoss with Rebecca Rey of REY Architecture & Interiors and Mieko Ozeki of Vermont Womenpreneurs
- 12pm – 12:55pm Fathers & Food with Jason S. Frishman
- 12:45pm – 1:20pm Womb Healing Meditation with Sandy Morningstar, M.A.
- 1:25pm – 1:40pm Poetry Reading with Julia C. Alter
- 1:40pm – 1:45pm Family Song Circle
Science & Medicine PM Half-Day:
- 2:15pm – 2:30pm Birth Love Family with Shaina Levee, M.A.
- 2:30pm – 3:45pm Indigenous Midwifery with Dr. Jus Crea Giammarino
- 3:50pm – 4:35pm Dichotomy of Stress and Bonding with Dr. Sarah Wylie
- 4:40pm – 5:15pm Birth & Postpartum with Jessilyn Dolan, R.N., C.D.
- 5:20pm – 6pm Tiny Humans, Big Emotions with Alyssa Blask Campbell of Seed & Sew
- Wildflowers Studio Kid Space
- Onsite childcare with Birth Love Family
- Face painting
- Nap / Quiet room
Food & Vendors
- Catered lunch provided by Lucky Star Catering
- Mamava pod
- Mellow Maple CBD treats
- More TBA
- Reflexology with Mpath, LLC
- Massage and Postpartum Healing with Snow Crane Healing Arts
- Acupuncture with Integrative Acupuncture
- Craniosacral Therapy with Sandy Morningstar
Who is headlining the festival?
At B. Love Family Festival we believe that education and experience walk hand in hand. Our keynote speaker is Dr. Jus Crea Giammarino on Indigenous Midwifery and Naturopathy and is not to be missed! She headlined our PM session, “Science & Medicine”. Our AM session “Art & Culture” headliner are musicians Kuf Knotz & Christine Elise, combined with a Family Yoga class led by Jane Yoga.
How much are tickets?
Adult general admission costs $45 for the full day. You can purchase a half day ticket for $25 and join us from 10am – 2pm for our Art & Culture session, or 2pm – 6pm for our Science & Medicine session. Kids 18 and under attend for free.
What types of payment do you accept and can I buy my tickets online?
Are there refunds?
We accept all types of payment and you can buy your tickets through Seven Days Tickets. We do not provide refunds because we have made our ticket prices very affordable and there is limited space.
Will I receive paper tickets or are my tickets electronic? What if I arrive separately from my group?
Birth Love Family will receive the names of all ticket holders and the quantity of tickets purchased, please check-in at registration.
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
If the event has not yet sold out, tickets will be available at the door. Cash, check, and all major credit cards will be accepted.
Where should I park and is parking free?
Parking is free, and there is a lot onsite. Once filled, additional pay to park lots and free street spaces are a short walk to the facility.
Are the festival grounds accessible with a stroller or a wheelchair? What do the festival grounds look like?
The festival ground is right near the waterfront at Railyard Apothecary. The exterior of Railyard Apothecary hosts our vendor village and Mamava breastfeeding pod. The interior of Railyard Apothecary hosts our main workshop and music space and bathroom. The entrance to the children’s room is in the main space. The quiet time room and treatment rooms are through a hallway that is also attached to the main space. Lunch will be available inside. Strollers need to be left outside to accommodate all participants. The facility provides wheelchair access.
Will there be food, drugs or alcohol?
A catered lunch by Lucky Star Catering offers local and organic food! However, this is a substance-free event, no alcohol or drugs will be served at the festival. You can also walk to nearby restaurants for lunch. Snacks and treats may be available for purchase in our Vendor Village.
What if there is rain, or the event is canceled or postponed?
In the event of rain, the festival will go on. The festival site is primarily indoors and protected from the elements. While it is very unlikely the festival will be canceled or postponed, we will provide a full refund in case this occurs.
What is the schedule?
Please see the schedule posted at birthlovefamily.com/festival. This year we have broken down the day into two sessions: an AM “Art & Culture” session, and a PM “Science & Medicine” session.
Who is producing the event?
B. Love Family Festival is produced by Birth Love Family. Our business has 7 main areas of focus: 1) birthing and parenting; 2) health and wellness; 3) sustainable communities; 4) connection with nature; 5) wisdom and spirituality; 6) cultural transformation; 7) yoga of family.